Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yay!

100_1857

I finished my Gable last night. It's the medium in Pink-A-Boo Cotton Fleece. I can't believe I made something besides a scarf/hat/etc. that I want to wear! I spaced out the descreases and added two increases at the hips thanks to all the great advice here. Thank you again! It has been so fun to see everyone's finished objects.

About this blocking business... I haven't done that before. Does anyone have any advice before I proceed? Also, in the back of my Gable, the neckline curls down a bit. Does anyone else have this, and what have you done about it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Maxmom said...

Love the color - it looks great on you.

6:18 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh fun! I have that color in my stash! Hmm...it may need to be my GG #2. Wonderful job!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

yours looks great! I especially like the way your sleeves look. Great job!

8:35 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Mine curled down until I blocked. Basically, I soaked it in water plus a bit of Eucalan wool wash (which you can buy at your LYS). Then squeeze out all the water and lay the sweater out flat to the dimensions you want. Make sure the back lays flat. You might need to point a fan at it for a while to make sure it dries. That cured my curling problems!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gloriane said...

Thank you! So nice. Sarah, thank you for the blocking tips. I will try that.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Beautiful sweater! Love the pink color. I did the same as Sarah on my blocking, but I should have been more careful not to let mine stretch because it grew quite a bit (the first one too much, the second not enough).
I love the look it gave, especially on the lacework.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home