Friday, May 26, 2006

Ribbing? I don't need no Stinkin' Ribbing!

Don't get me wrong, the original pattern is fabulous, but me being the adventurous Leo that I am, had to go and change it up.

Green Gable Front

(No, I'm not sprouting wings, stupid bra)

Green Gable Back

Yarn: Cotton Fleece in "Nymph" about 2 1/2 Skeins
Size: The 36"
Mods: Ok, so I added in some waist shaping about 3 inches after the patterned shaping. 3 repeats of K1FB before and after the arm markers and 2 rounds plain stockinette between each. Then 3 inches before where I wanted it to end, I started the lace pattern again. The first 2 times I repeated the first round of lace, I did do the increases. If I could rewind time, I wouldn't do this, it didn't really need it, but it's all good. I repeated the lace pattern 6 times as for the top.

Me likee.

16 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I Really like the lace at the bottom!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

NICE. Love how you put the lace part at the bottom - great idea.

6:39 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Thank you!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Fantastic. And since I bought yarn to make 6 (!!!) of these, I may use your modifications on one.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

OMG, I really love the lace on the bottom it's such a nice way to change the look. I will be a copycat. :0)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

how inspired to add lace at botton! it looks lovely.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Great job! Love your modification!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That looks fabulous. Great idea to put the lace on the bottom.

9:58 AM  
Blogger KellyHL said...

That looks great! I am almost to the end of mine and may copycat on this one or the next one I make!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Maxmom said...

That looks great. I had thought about doing that but was too chicken. I'm making one for my mom now and may do the same.

10:46 AM  
Blogger sknittymama said...

Your lace modification is inspired - bravo! What cast on did you use for the neck? I'm still trying to decide how to start off!

11:00 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I used the backward loop, as specified. I bound off the arm ribbing using a grafted bind-off and bound off the bottom lace in the traditional style. Right after the final lace row repeat - so no round of plain knit after, just binding off.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Amazing Girl! Awesome! :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I love the lace part at the bottom!! Great job.

6:22 PM  
Blogger sknittymama said...

On your blog, you mention it grew in length after blocking. . . Much?

Thanks, and again, it's beautiful! If I make one for myself, I intended to use Nymph!

10:25 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Not "much" but the perfect amount. Comparing it to this pic, the stockinette portion comes right to the top of the pant line - so no skin is showing through the lace.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home