Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So close....



Now that I'm near the finish line I guess I should post a progress pic! (You are, of course, ignoring the flabby white tumtum).

After the initial troubles, I've really had fun with this project. I'm doing the medium, and I couldn't ask for a better fit. I spaced my decreases out more than the pattern calls for, and I'm about to add a few hip increases in a row or two.

The only snag, and really it's just me being cheap: I don't have a US4 circular for the ribbing. My Denise kit goes down to size 5, so I might give that a try and see how it goes, then go pick up the size 4 if I don't like the results.

Either way, I can definitely see making another of these, maybe in green or basic black.

Hooray Cotton Fleece! Hooray Zephyr Galz! Have you seen Ms. Marigold? I might need to make that too. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Looking great so far! That's a lovely pale blue you're using.

I think this would look great in black too.

7:28 AM  
Blogger JulieFrick said...

Oooh, I went straight to the Ms. Marigold pattern and bought it. Must...make....more....summertops.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looks great so far! Yay you! Especially after the hard start! :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger kaycee said...

I also used my Denise set and I didn't want to go out and purchase a size 4 circular so I just used the size 5's from my set. I think it worked out just fine. You may want to give it a try with 5's and see how it is. It's only 3 rows of ribbing anyway so it's no real loss if you decide it doesn't work for you.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home