Friday, May 19, 2006

Just Happy to Be Here

Phew! After many emails back and forth, sighs, tears, and rending of garments, I'm finally here! (Long story short: Lovely KAL hostesses tried and tried to get Blogger to send me an invite, but Blogger, that fickle mistress, refused.) Here's my yarn, posed coyly with low-maintenence plants. Will GG be as low maintenence? This remains to be seen.

I'm planning to make the 36" size, as that's my bust measurement. I bumped into a really helpful gal at MDSW who said you all might have some helpful hints on sizing. 36" ladies, what do you think?

Come on over to the blog and introduce yourselves sometime! I've got some nice pictures of yarn over there.... Here knitter, knitter, knitter!

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

the pattern specs for the M size (36") seems to be coming out small for everyone (see the post below this one). HEJ posted a thorough going-over of the math a while back. take a look at that before beginning and you should be fine.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hi Julie, I knitted the 36" and ended up with a 33" bust measurement. I didn't do any of the recommended adjustments. But, Cotton Fleece grows widthwise after washing, and now my sweater is about 38". Crazy, huh? I have more details in a too-long post here.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

i did the 36" size in Classic Elite Premiere at 5/in and it's 36.5" unblocked. it's looking to me like it depends on the yarn and the knitter.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

I am also 36" and did the medium size and it fit fine until I blocked it. It is now way too big. There are a few other mistakes in it so I think I'll just redo the whole thing. I am doing another one for my mom, who is also 36" and I'm doing the small size and hoping it works out better post-blocking.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home