Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hi y'all! I finished my Clark Gable the other day, and thought I'd share a little.


I used Cotton Fleece in Columbine Blossom, which is a really pretty heathery blue. I modified the pattern a bit by adding in more shaping decreases for waist shaping, and then some increases for hip shaping. Basically, from about 4.5 inches below the sleeves, I decreased a stitch on each side of the side markers every 6 rows, four times total. I knit approximately 12 rows with no stitch count change, and then increased on each side of the stitch markers every 4 rows, four times total. I think the added shaping helped make this top more flattering on me.
If you have any questions, you can catch me on my blog. I'm really enjoying reading up on everybody's experience with this project. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie F. said...

Yours turned out so pretty! I LOVE the color and it fits you perfectly. Awesome job!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Cindy Madden said...

That color is great on you! You did a really nice job.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ditto on the color! Great job!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home