Monday, May 22, 2006

Done!

Can I tell you how much I love this pattern? I have always been a fan of top-down raglans, but this one just seems to be more refined and fit better than any other I have made. The proportions are really great as well as the minimal neckline. I did a few extra decreases at the armholes and waist, but I didn't change much. I used Cascade Sierra and got gauge just right. I like the feel of that a bit better than Cotton Fleece (it was also on sale). I can't wait to start my next one! I'm thinking of Knitpicks Mainline in Red Velvet...


greengable-007.jpg

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

it looks fabulous! what a great fit. what size did you knit?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

It fits you perfect! Love the color! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Nice fit! Can't wait to start mine.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally forgot to mention that I added a row of single crochet around the neckline. I did the infamous long-tail cast on (sans purl row!) and it came out pretty loose. The crochet row really straightened things out, though. It blocked up really easily. I was afraid it would roll, but it seems to be holding. Also, I did the medium (36 bust) size. Let's hear it for negative ease! And I might have substituted an extra row of lace for a normal one. Ha. Guess I wasn't even thinking about those things...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Looks great! Fabulous colour.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home