Monday, May 22, 2006

Done!

Can I tell you how much I love this pattern? I have always been a fan of top-down raglans, but this one just seems to be more refined and fit better than any other I have made. The proportions are really great as well as the minimal neckline. I did a few extra decreases at the armholes and waist, but I didn't change much. I used Cascade Sierra and got gauge just right. I like the feel of that a bit better than Cotton Fleece (it was also on sale). I can't wait to start my next one! I'm thinking of Knitpicks Mainline in Red Velvet...


greengable-007.jpg

7 Comments:

Blogger LeahJR said...

Wow! Amazing color and wonderful fit on you. I've been resisting the urge to do GG because of the gauge and too lazy to recalculate for dk or sportweight yarns presently in my stash. After having seen yours, I am very tempted.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

it looks fabulous! what a great fit. what size did you knit?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

It fits you perfect! Love the color! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Nice fit! Can't wait to start mine.

2:26 PM  
Blogger LeahJR said...

How did you get your neckline to do that? Did you add more rows of lace knitting to the bodice? Whatever you did, I really like the modifcations.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Villain Extraordinaire said...

I totally forgot to mention that I added a row of single crochet around the neckline. I did the infamous long-tail cast on (sans purl row!) and it came out pretty loose. The crochet row really straightened things out, though. It blocked up really easily. I was afraid it would roll, but it seems to be holding. Also, I did the medium (36 bust) size. Let's hear it for negative ease! And I might have substituted an extra row of lace for a normal one. Ha. Guess I wasn't even thinking about those things...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Looks great! Fabulous colour.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home