Monday, May 22, 2006

Finally....

I had one false start as I got to the end of the first row of the lace pattern and had 2 stitches left not 3. Thank you to Gwen for posting about this problem. I am so glad we have this KAL because instead of getting frustrated, I signed on and searched for a similar problem. I did frog and restart. My progress for a few hours is below. I didn't enjoy purling with the backloop cast on though..on my Denise's it was tight going for a while! It was very hard to put down...




ETA: I just now realized....I got gauge with US8's and I started with US6's! Duh moment! I measured what I have done so far and I cannot believe it is 5sts/per inch! I am going to continue until I can try it on. Hmmmmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Zonda, I like your color, also. In fact, Green Gable looks good in almost every color I've seen. I ordered the Denise needles specifically for this pattern. It's a little bit of a struggle for me whenever I need to lengthen. I started using the connecters and discovered it was important to make sure they were connected tightly. I dropped a few stitches a couple of times butwas able to get them picked back up without too much trouble. I agree with you about appreciating this KAL. I was able to learn from others' experiences before I even started.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love the colour you're using.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home