Monday, May 22, 2006

Done!

Thanks to a marathon of 'Rescue Me' on DVD (season 2) this weekend I finished my Green Gable! This picture is pretty dark but you can get an idea. It's still drying and, well, I'm still in my PJs so no outside shots just yet. I'll be back later with those.

First off, thanks to Jenny and everyone else for the math help and whatnot. This KAL is an invaluable resourse for anyone who plans to knit this top.

Mods? I did one extra of both A and B and one less of C and D. I started my waist shaping at my armpit because it was kind of wide when I first tried it on. I did 6 (?) sets of decreases and 2 sets of increases and I did 4 rows of 1x1 ribbing on the bottom and the sleeves. I added some length to the body (it's now 21 inches, not sure what the pattern said) as well. I made the 36 and used just less than three skeins. Probably could have done the 34.

If I were to do this again I'd knit it smaller, but I do like how it fits. The finished product is definitely worth the slight headache from all mods :o) Now, what do do with that extra skein of Cotton Fleece...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bear Knits said...

It looks great! What color did you use?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love it! Great job!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That looks lovely. Great colour. I think I'm going to have a lot of CF left over too....

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home