Sunday, May 28, 2006

Swatching...


Cotton Fleece in Plum Patina. This swatch was knit in the round using us7. I cast on 50 stitches which means that one side should be 5" (25 stitches). I also washed and blocked the swatch. I could go up to size us8, but I like how cotton fleece looks knit slightly tighter. But is it worth the sizing issue? I am a 31" bust (yah, no short rows for me, not much there!!!) and was planning on making the XS. But with this swatch, I guess I should make the next size which is a size 34" bust. I wish the pattern said how many stitches are at the bust so that I can calculate. Do any of you know/remember what the stitch count is on the size 34"?

Thanks for your help! I am so looking forward to making this sweater!

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

here, check out this post by high energy jenny. she did a lot of the calculations for stitch counts on each size.

http://ggknitalong.blogspot.com/2006/05/math-corrections-fairly-important.html

7:32 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Annie, how long of needle did you use for your swatch? Did you cast on with the backward loop?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I knit the swatch magic loop, I don't remember the length of the needle. I also knit a swatch with straights and it's about the same, ever so slightly more loose.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home