Friday, May 26, 2006

Something Different



I've been wanting to make something with this yarn forever, and never been able to find a pattern I loved until now. I'm kinda nervous about this though, as the yarn weight and content are completely different than what the pattern calls for. It's Blue Heron Yarns, in the rayon/metallic blend. I'm getting 6 sts/inch, and I redid all the math in the pattern based on that. I have 550 yds, which I'm praying is enough b/c this stuff is quite pricey. This is the cactus colorway, with hints of purple in it. Has anyone out there ever knit with this before? Any experience you'd like to share? I'm clacking away at this, 10 rounds in, and so far it looks great. Running out of yarn is my only concern-this stuff is really hard to find! Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I have 2 hanks of this stuff, so I can't wait to hear if you have enough to make the GG with it. I haven't knit with it yet, but I would hope you'd be fine with the ease and whatnot. Good luck!

9:08 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i just knit up a really beautiful garter stitch wrap with this stuff. i wear it everyday now to and from work. it's wonderful. i've not used it to make a garment though. it would be too expensive to buy more than one hank!

http://www.gleek.net/archives/000353.php

9:41 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I can't wait to see how it knits up. I also have 2 skeins of Rayon / metallic Blue Heron in 'Marshgrass' color. I am searchiing for the perfect pattern for a sweater for it.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home