Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mom's Microfiber Gable



My mom liked my Gigi so much that I promised to make her one. Well, five cast-ons later, here it is in progress.

She's a bit smaller than me so I had some problem getting the sizing correct. I was so afraid of starting with the smaller size I played around with different combinations. I haven't tried this one on but I'm hoping it fits her. I'm using Lion Brand Microfiber in Turquoise. You can believe all the horror stories you hear about this yarn splitting. However, it really hasn't bothered me and I really like how it's working up. It has a very cottony feel to it and is very soft.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I used the same yarn to make my Shapely Tee. I hadn't heard anything about the splitting before I bought it. There was some splitting, but I didn't worry about it too much. I've washed mine several times now and I don't like the pilling. I think that's what it's called.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

I love microspun, splitting and all, it is so soft. I've never made a wearable with it though, so I can't speak to its pilling.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home