Sunday, May 07, 2006

What would you do?

Hi ladies -

Hoping some of you can give me your opinion. I've never knit a top-down raglan before, and am curious about the shoulder seams. In its relaxed state, my GG's shoulder seams fall outside where a typical seam would sit:



But if I pull the fabric in to simulate joining the sides at the underarm, the seam then pulls in and sits in the right place:



So my question is, will this happen in reality, or will it gap when seamed up? Should I continue on, or start over in a smaller size? (note the rest of the sweater fits fine - no bunching, gaping or stretching in the back...)

Thanks everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

Thanks for posting! I've since ripped the whole thing and started a size smaller... Once I finished the final increases, the armpit would have been really low, which would drive me nuts, so back to The Pond!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home