Saturday, May 06, 2006

Grumpy Gable

I don't know what it is about this tee - it's kicking my butt! This seems to be the case with a lot of folks here - there's either issues with sizing, gauge or the lace pattern. Me - it's the lace pattern. Like a lot of knitters, I keep forgetting a YO at the end of the B repeat. So I rip back when I realize my mistake. However, I appear not be too adept at getting the lace stitches back on to the needles - I either drop stitches while I'm doing so, or miss a wrap. So I end up ripping back several rows instead of just the one.

Problem is - I've done this, well, I stopped counting after 10 times. At least 7 times with the now-defunct orange Cotton Ease, and this is now my third rip-back in the Cotton Fleece. Wish me luck that this is my last rip!

2 Comments:

Blogger knit_chick said...

I've had the same problem with forgetting the YO at the end of repeat B. I've frogged it 3 times before I finally got it straight. It's frustrating, but once you've got it, it gets a little easier.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Try using a lifeline, then at least if you do have to rip back again it will be easy to pick up the stitches.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home