Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I am a grumpy gabler

So. Yeah, I've had 'troubles' with the casting-on. Got that resolved early yesterday, thanks to HEJ, Carrie, and the Zephyr Gals. Still, last night I ripped it several times due to various and sundry reasons (misplaced lace here, dropped stitch there, yadda yadda yadda). Y'all, I actually had to go running to escape the knitting.

Finally I got going just fine, and was feeling all triumphant and stuff. I took darling GG to lunch with me and was into the 3rd row of the pattern, when what do I find but that somehow I have the wrong number of stitches in the lace pattern. I decided just to K3 instead of 2 at the point of the extra YO, but I'm thinking maybe I should just rip it again.

So here's my question: shouldn't the front and back sections have the same number of stitches at any given point? I'm assuming they should (symmetry and all that), in which case, yeah, I definitely need to rip again.

I think in my case, this is a Grumpy Gable. Especially thinking of purling into that BL cast-on. Yuck. I am not so good at that. And I have to go bowling tonight and won't have time to knit. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'm having this same problem Kelly! I keep having one extra stitch at the end when I do Part A (third row).

Gah!

6:08 AM  
Blogger KellyHL said...

Oh no! After multiple frustrations again last night (which I think were the result of me thinking my join was wrong when it wasn't...d'oh!), I think I'm going again. Only time will tell. I'm seriously in need of therapy over this project! Hmm...stash enhancement therapy?...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home