Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The first sweater

Greetings! I'm Carol and GG will be my first sweater...and any attempt at lace...so I'm a bit nervous. I've read about the sizing and cast-on issues, so thank you already! I plan to make the medium and try the backward loop cast-on. It will be a slow process though, as I need to take a lot of breaks from knitting. Darn wrists!

The celadon yarn is Classic Elite Premiere, color 5272...it was on sale!

Green gable swatch
Ready, set, swatch!

Now I just need to find a skein winder for all that yarn...

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

The yarn is so beautiful, in its pretzel-braided skeins!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I haven't started yet either so don't worry! I'll be knitting on this sweater for a while - I have problems with knitting-monogamy & I just got the Mason-Dixon book which totally isn't helping.
I'd love to hear about this skein winder thing - it is a contraption you can buy at a local craft store?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

yes, you can get a ball winder and yarn swift online at joann.com or perhaps your LYS. i usually wind my yarn at my LYS when i buy it, but this is the first time i ordered yarn online. unfortunately i cannot justify the purchase of a ball winder and/or swift, though i would love to have them! *sigh*

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home