Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Finished Orange Gable

I finished my Green Gable yesterday!! This is my first KAL and my first top-down sweater. I've been reading everyone's posts on this sweater, thought this should be a perfect first KAL project.

I used Cotton Fleece Terracotta Canyon (love the color). I used long tail cast on, yeah, I casted on before Zephyr girls said to use backward loop CO. It was too far for me to go back, so I continued. I did the size M, normally I am a size S, since so many people have size issues, I decided to make the bigger size just to be safe. As you can see, it's a little big on me, but it will be a perfect sweater for a buffet dinner :-p

I'll probably make another one use the correct cast on method, and size 34. I agreed with Katie, the decrease rounds were too close to each other, you can see my sweater has the "strange poochy spot on the side seams" too.

Over all, I love this pattern, it was a fast knit.


3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I think your sweater looks great. That's the kind of fit I'm hoping to get with mine. I just joined and haven't started yet. This is also my first KAL and top-down, in-the-round.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Your GG looks great!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

You've inspired me to purchase the same color.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home