Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Almost Done...

Hi everyone, I just joined and I'm almost finished with Green Gable #1 in Raging Purple and I have the yarn in Cherry Moon to make one for my mom for her birthday at the end of May.
I have the body done and the fit is perfect, I just have a question on the sleeves- I haven't done raglan sleeves before and I'm not sure about the "divide stitches evenly onto 2 circs and place marker where you join to knit." This is probably such a stupid question, but I can't find info about it anywhere. Should I divide it at the sides or top/bottom? How do I knit it on the circs?
Any insight?
Capped sleeves are sounding better and better for this baby...

3 Comments:

Blogger J Strizzy said...

Where you divide the sts doesn't realy matter much, as long as you place a marker there so as not to lose track.

As for the knitting, this is the technique that's often used for socks -- better instructions than I can give are available here:http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/twocirculars.html

4:21 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Thanks so much J! That link was really helpful.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hi Tandi--I used one circ and the magic loop method to knit the sleeves on my GG. The marker is placed at the underarm right where you split off for the body, but like J Strizzy said, it doesn't really matter--it's just a way for you to be able to count rounds as you continue knitting the sleeve.

You can divide the sleeve stitches evenly onto three or four DPNs if you prefer knitting in the round using that method.

Looking forward to seeing your finished GG!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home