Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Completely and totally confused.

*sigh*

I was all set to make the medium. I usually consider myself a 36in bust, but since I'm still nursing my little guy I'm more like a 37-8ish but will still usually gravitate toward a 36. Then I started reading about sizing problems and ordered another skein of Cotton Fleece and decided on the large. I've just finished the lace portion.

Today however, I see that erica b. says she's a 40in bust and made the large. I like how hers fits. Now I'm scared if I make the large it will be too big but I know there is no way in the world I'm going to fit a 32.8in sweater around the girls.

Who here has a 36in bust? Should I make the large and then add extra waist decreases? Should I knit the medium and buy a minimizer bra? Should I say forget it and knit some socks?!?

help.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that you could go ahead and make the medium, but maybe add another A and B section, or after the lace, add another row or two of increases along the raglan and then try it on and see if it meets under your arms. The great thing about the top-down style is that you can really adjust the increases to fit you perfectly. Then, yes, decrease after the bust for some nice waist shaping.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

thanks kaycee!

I thought about it and decided to do just what you said. I did 7 A and B sections and now I will continue on as a med. If I get to the end of the raglan increases and it's not enough I'll add another. In other words I'm gonna improvise...LOL!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great. I bet that after you get past the bust, and then do a couple of rounds with decreases you'll be just fine. I'm doing the same on mine and trying it on alot as I go. I'm adding some increase rounds back in at the hip area too.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home