Monday, May 08, 2006

my goodness! what have i created?

Details:

Size: medium, following the pattern, sizing is perfect.

Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Premiere, which is 50% Pima and 50% Tencel and DIVINE. I was sold on Cotton Fleece because I really like it but I touched this stuff and had to have it.

Color: black (I knew it).

Gauge: exactly 5/in

The mistake I was having (I posted about it) with the lace was this: in section A I would yo, k2tog happily along until I got to the last stitch, which I then kf&b. but since I was cruising in the yo, k2tog rhythm, I was finishing with a yo. so I frogged it.

the second attempt, I did in my sleep, which is not the best idea when knitting lace. even simple lace.

The red circle points of something seriously funky and the red lightning bolt shows the flow of the lace. oops. I absolutely positively guarantee that I ended all A rows on a k2tog and all B rows on a YO. I also absolutely guarantee you that that is clearly the ONLY part of the lace pattern I actually paid attention to.

the full gory details at my blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

i feel your pain, as have many others here... who knew such a simple lace pattern would bring us to our knees, eh?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home