Monday, July 17, 2006

One step back..

Alright, I have just frogged a good 10 - 15 cm of the Red Gable. Grrr! While I was knitting away happily, I decided to put it on to see whether it would fit nicely. The good news: I am knitting the right size because it fits snugly (but not too snugly) in the breast area. The bad news: after that part it got too wide. I decided to stick to the decrease rows in the pattern, but soon found out that if I continued in this way, I would not like the result :(

So now I've frogged up to 6 cm beneath the underarm seam and am starting my decrease rows there. I'm thinking a decrease row every fourth or fifth row. What do you ladies think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

my first attempt resulted in the same thing, so i began my decreases after the midpoint of the bust, every 5th row. Because there's 4" diff between my bust and waist, and then again between my waist and hips, I did 4 sets of decreases, knit even for 2", then began the increases. It fits great now! Good luck!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home