Sunday, July 09, 2006

Done And Done Again

I finished my Gable for the first time almost a month ago, but I wanted to make it a bit longer after I wore it to work and found myself tugging it down all day. Ripping out the ribbing and adding an inch and a half only took me a few days, but I haven't had a chance to take a picture until now. I adjusted the pattern's gauge so I could use some Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton I had, and it worked out perfectly -- fits just like I wanted it to fit. And the Wool Cotton is a great match for this pattern -- looks and feels mostly like cotton, but has much better stitch memory so it doesn't get stretched out even though it's very fitted. Plus it's nice and crisp for the lace portion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

Your GG looks great. Can I ask what changes you made for using the Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton? I've got some that I'd love to use for this top.

11:01 AM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

It looks wonderful! Good to know that the Rowan wool cotton works!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home