Tuesday, June 27, 2006

First fitting: So far, so good...

Hey everyone, I'm Aimee from Paris, France. I started Green Gable two days ago and have been making great progress. I was finally able to try her on and everything fits so far! yay. I'm using Debbie Bliss Cathay in Black and I love how it feel. I think that this is a nice subsitute yarn as I wasn't able to get the yarn the pattern called for here in Paris. The DB Cathay is a cotton, silk, viscose blend and feels really nice against the skin. The viscose in the yarn helps with the drape, I have a feeling this sweater is going to fit like a glove.

First fitting of Green Gable

Sleeve detail of Green Gable The Real Color

Looking at the sleeves on the waste yarn and I'm thinking I really like the look of it. Kind of gives it a casual feel which is exactly my style. I need some advice on how to keep the rolly sleeve without the sleeves wanting to roll too much. Anyone have any ideas?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That yarn looks just lovely!

9:18 AM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Holly,

I got gauge using clover 4mm needles and knit loosely. When I gauged using 4mm addis it didn't work, I don't know what it is with the clovers but it worked. Thanks for the tip on the sleeves, I'm going to try that.

11:02 AM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Susan, This pattern is really easy to adjust and I felt the same as you did. I got better gauge with the clover needles because the yarn didn't slip as much as they did on addis. Next time I knit this, which I plan on doing very soon, I will make the neck line bigger so it's more of a boat neck.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home