Monday, June 19, 2006

Finally Finished!


I am so glad that my Strawberry GG is completed. I used Sugar N Cream, Strawberry, a little over five skeins, and it took me a month. I didn't have as much trouble as others, I think I cast on only three times. I had swatched in the flat because I didn't know how to swatch in the round. I made the XL and am glad that it turned out loose. That's what I prefer.

I decided to use this yarn with this pattern because it reminds me of a sweater I had made for myself about 15 years, that I don't have anymore. It was a sentimental thing for me. I probably won't make another one; not because I don't like the pattern, but because I have so many other patterns I want to make. Next is Bronte from Berroco http://www.berroco.com/239.246/242/242_bronte_pv.html and then Cindy, also from Berroco, http://www.berroco.com/239.246/240/240_cindy_pv.html .

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job Gwen!! I like the way the yarn is striping! Enjoy it!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

I like the striping too - you've inspired me to check out that yarn!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Thank you. I found it interesting to watch the stripe pattern change as the number of stitches changed, like below the sleeves and at the waist decreases.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home