Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not-So Green Gables


I started my Green Gables, which I have dubbed my "Not-So Green Gables", last weekend and I have been working on it almost exclusively. (which for me is a BIG deal...I'm kind of a project ho) I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease in the Bubble Gum colorway. I asked people over at my blog to vote on what color to choose and I was blown away when 220 people voted! Last year when CottonEase was discontinued I bought a ton of it, so I'm always looking for projects to knit with it. It's a great washable dryable cotton. The gauge is a little bit different than the pattern calls for, but I needed a little bigger size in the er, front area:) so the gauge that I'm getting is going to work great for me if I knit the biggest size. Plus, one of the girls that I knit with has already completed hers so I got to try hers on and it fit!

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Stacey, you have one of the more popular blogs in the knittiverse and you're surprised you got that many votes? You crack me up. =) It's looking good so far!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Great color - nice start!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yes, looking very good! I have a nice blue CE that may be my next one..well..when I finish this one LOL!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home