Wednesday, June 07, 2006

10th time is the charm!


Who says persistence doesn't pay off? After a hellish time getting this thing started - lace problems, too big, too small (no fault of the pattern, just my inattention!) - I finally completed my Grape Gable. (I kid you not - ten cast-ons and five complete frogs!!)

Same mods as most other folks here - more waist decreases and more hip increases. But after all this, I'm not a fan of the colour! I don't know what possessed me to choose it - it's lovely and all but not a colour I ever wear! I was initially going to do a green apple or lime or avocado colour (which I love love love), so don't ask me how I ended up with Berry (Cotton Fleece).

So the next mod? I'm dying it black! Stay tuned for that experiment!!

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

It's too bad you don't like it because I think that color actually looks really great on you!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

You deserve a prize for perserverance!!! That does look good on you! But, if black is what you prefer, go for it and let us know! Great job!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home