Monday, June 19, 2006

Annie of Green Gable


Annie of Green Gable!

Size small using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Plum Patina. 2 skeins and a couple yards of a 3rd. I got gauge using size us8 needles.

My modifications: Extra set of C/D to allow a little more room in the arm holes. I also picked up 4 stitches in the armpits instead of sewing up the hole. I only did one set of the decreases at the waist and I did them ssk, slm, k 2tog. 3 inches later I did waist increases on each side and again after another inch. Also made the length a little longer.


The reality shot.

I don't think going down 2 needle sizes to knit the ribbing is working for me. I will constantly be stretching out the ribbing and yanking down my sweater if I keep the ribbing this tight. My plan is to take it out (like I learned from Areli's tutorial) and re-do the ribbing with us8. If that doesn't work, I guess I need to add more waist increases, too...

Stay tuned for the sequel...

4 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

It looks good on you!! I love that color!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

You can see from my posting below that the sweater does seem to bag after a bit of wear. I ripped out the bottom multiple times after finally deciding it was good enough. I also recommend the tubular bind off if you find that your bind-off is too tight.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

That looks so great in purple and the fit looks perfect!

6:44 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

The color looks great on you!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home