Monday, July 17, 2006

Just joined

Hi all. I just joined this KAL and am making the GG with Emerald Fantasy Cotton Fleece. I started it Saturday and am almost to where you separate the sleeves. The needle I'm using (Susan Bates Silvalume) isn't all that great for this yarn, but it's what I have right now so I'm using it. Fortunately this sweater shouldn't take too long to knit!

I like the lace inset, was thinking of trying a different lace pattern if I make this again.

Question: does anyone find this yarn a bit heavy for a summer top? I'm feeling the fabric and it seems awfully thick. Maybe I'm thinking this because we (like most of the country) are in the midst of a heat wave?

Looking forward to knitting with you all, once you get to know me you'll see that while I say I will post pictures it will take FOREVER for me to do so! But, I will do it. Promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

I'm curious to knit with the suggested yarn but I was afraid it would be too hot as we are in middle of a heatwave here in paris. Maybe this fall... Is the emerald the color that's shown in the pattern? That color is so pretty.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Welcome! Great to have more new knitters, some of us still trudging along LOL!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home