Friday, April 28, 2006

Chocolate Gable??

I finished last weekend but she's been blocking for a few days...














I ended up knitting the size 36" which fits me (32" bust) perfectly ;). Blocking helped to open up the lace (so much so in fact that a flesh coloured bra is definitely required!), and helped to lengthen both the body and the sleeves.
Apologies for the craptastic photo but my normal photographer has gone AWOL!














I'm really pleased with the end result. I used (every scrap of) 2 x 100g balls of SWTC Oasis in shade Chocolate. This was yarn from the stash, but I have 4 skeins of Cotton Fleece winging their way to me from the US so I can knit another one! I think the next one will be 3/4 length sleeves.
Despite the problems with the sizing I really think this is a fantastic pattern. A really good, easy knit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! I love the color you used!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Very nice! I've finished mine too. I'm just waiting for my photographer to arrive home from school!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Love the yarn choice!

3:50 PM  
Blogger sknittymama said...

You're sweater looks great! I just have one question regarding sizing -- I'm wondering how people are measuring themselves. Are you 32" across the widest part of your bust WITH a bra on?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Freecia said...

I've never gotten SWTC bamboo to really block and stay blocked (for sizing issues, haven't used it on lace).

Please do let me know how you blocked that lovely top.

-freecia
visit.freecia.com

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home