Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Purl Ridge

Hi all!

I got this email from the Zephyr gals, designers of Green Gable:

...........................
I just saw a question on the ggkal and thought I would clear up the
confusion.

People are ripping back to re knit a purl ridge but there is no need. You
should not have a purl ridge.
The pattern asks you to knit a row....
then purl the the next row.... (on the wrong side)
then connect in the round and work the pattern etc....

So there is no purl ridge. Just thought we would help out the confusion.

................................

Thought I'd post it, since I saw a previous post that was asking about the purl ridge.

6 Comments:

Blogger Busymom51 said...

Interesting... I am reading the pattern and it says to purl after casting on... no mention of a knit row on my copy that I bought directly from the publisher. I did notice that my neckline looks different from the one in the picture on the second page. I guess that explains it. Hmmmm...makes me wonder what else is missing from the pattern.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

If it makes you feel any better busymom51 mine says the same thing. But now that I went and looked at the picture on the 2nd page closer I see that I shouldn't have ripped back the first time! O'well alls well that ends well right? So I guess its back to the frog pond for me yet again!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Busymom51 said...

I am not going to frog mine (again). I will just have a different neckline. If anyone notices I will use my standard line: "It's not a mistake, it's a personalization."

12:45 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Very interstding directly after directions cast on pm, cast on pm, cast on, pm it states to purl across the next rown, join stitches in the round and pm then part A which started immediately for lace pattern. Which gives it a nice ridge too won't need finishing after completed. It wont' curl either ;o) So I'm confused here. Did the designer say she made a mistake and has revisions to the pattern? In any case. I'm still dispointed

3:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Lisa is right - the Zephyr gals emailed me again to clarify. The purl row is on the wrong side of the knitting.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Hmm... I purled mine on the right side, but I like it. It keeps it from curling, and gives it a nice finished look.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home