Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lime Light Help!


Will I was working on a GG for gift in the CF lime light. The sleeves are off.I got my gauge without any issues. I brought the top over to my cousin that I'm knitting it for her birthday present. She loves the color and design but the sad part is, it's 2 sizes to small. This pattern is written well but the sizes are so much smaller then then said.....I measured her and She's definately, a XS for sure, she's flat........Anyway two sizes 2 small! Will fit my 6 y/o....YIKES! I'm greatly disappointed that since I'm an average body & waist but HUGE breasts. I would have to actually rewrite the entire pattern to make myself one... I'd need like a size 48-50! Anyway, my cousin's who I'm working on this for the 34 I now have to rip it all out and try to find more lime light CF because I have to go up I'm short 1 1/2 sks.. Any chance anyone has any? Color CW-840 Dyelot 012 would be great but not neccesary. Pretty Please!

4 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

oh no!! now i'm worried about the sizing :( so, you had the correct gauge and the corrent amount of stitches but it was still too small? i wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

1:01 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

I wonder too but haven't seen anything mention yet...I recounted and recounted measures and everything.. I was right on with 20sts/28rows over 4"
its very small fabric is a little streching but not that much

3:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yikes, Soapy, I am worried too! I have the same problem as you...I hope I can still make this! Maybe I'll have to switch yarns??

9:21 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I have noticed that too about the sizing, so I am glad that I am not the only one. I may just frog mine back. I hope I can make it turn out right cause I really want to wear it :(

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home