Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lime Light Help!


Will I was working on a GG for gift in the CF lime light. The sleeves are off.I got my gauge without any issues. I brought the top over to my cousin that I'm knitting it for her birthday present. She loves the color and design but the sad part is, it's 2 sizes to small. This pattern is written well but the sizes are so much smaller then then said.....I measured her and She's definately, a XS for sure, she's flat........Anyway two sizes 2 small! Will fit my 6 y/o....YIKES! I'm greatly disappointed that since I'm an average body & waist but HUGE breasts. I would have to actually rewrite the entire pattern to make myself one... I'd need like a size 48-50! Anyway, my cousin's who I'm working on this for the 34 I now have to rip it all out and try to find more lime light CF because I have to go up I'm short 1 1/2 sks.. Any chance anyone has any? Color CW-840 Dyelot 012 would be great but not neccesary. Pretty Please!

5 Comments:

Blogger gleek said...

oh no!! now i'm worried about the sizing :( so, you had the correct gauge and the corrent amount of stitches but it was still too small? i wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

1:01 PM  
Blogger mf said...

I wonder too but haven't seen anything mention yet...I recounted and recounted measures and everything.. I was right on with 20sts/28rows over 4"
its very small fabric is a little streching but not that much

3:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yikes, Soapy, I am worried too! I have the same problem as you...I hope I can still make this! Maybe I'll have to switch yarns??

9:21 AM  
Blogger Silvia said...

Hi- I was going to do my sweater in Lime Light, b/c I have about 3 skeins that I frogged from an earlier project (I don't know the dye lot). If it's not going to be enough, I'd be happy to pass it on to you (it's definitely been knit, the project was never used). You can look at my blog: silverknits.blogspot.com, and I have a picture of it on my 4/7 posting. It doesn't look anything like your picture, but it's definitely lime light. Leave me a comment if you're interested. If I'll need more than 3 skeins for a 34, I'll probably get more of the berry or lapis.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I have noticed that too about the sizing, so I am glad that I am not the only one. I may just frog mine back. I hope I can make it turn out right cause I really want to wear it :(

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home