Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Need some advice please!

I started my GG last night and I just love the pattern.

Problem is that when you are sopose to purl back then join in the round. Some how I ended up knitting back again then joining in the round so I don't have that purl ridge on the top of the sweater.

Should I rip? Please help me decide.

I have to get past the lace part of this top before Friday so I will have some mindless knitting for when I get out of surgery on Friday. I would hate to see knitting lace while on pain meds!


***edit to add- Thanks everyone for your very timly comments! I really appreciate it. I have decided to rip! Off to the frog pond I go.

About going up a size I also though it looked small. My guage is fine but it does seem small. What bothers me most is I am making the largest sz already! Any suggestions?***

5 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

I just started it last night...you aren't that far along. I'd definitely rip it out and start over.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I agree. I had to ask this same question of Holly when I started and I ended up frogging back to do the purl ridge properly, too. -danielle

1:57 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

before you get to far into I'd rip it back and to me it's seems very small so you may also want to consider going up a size to and definately check and recheck your gauge

3:45 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Okay, so I ended up frogging mine last night...didn't pay attention to the differences in YOK2Tog in part A versus K2TogYO in Part B. Oh well...

4:57 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

As far as the sizing questions: Since this is top down, in the round knitting, you can add additional increase rounds until the raglan seam hits where you like under your arm.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home