Monday, October 09, 2006

Straggler!



This is a sadly washed-out picture but I had to post and profusely thank everyone who posted on this KAL. I made this sweater in about a month, off and on, in August and September. It's my first knitted garment! Until this sweater I'd only made scarves and other square things. I pored voraciously over this knitalong and took copious notes about the shaping and the sizing, and THANK GOD it worked!!! I didn't have to frog back at all! The arms are a wee bit bigger around than I'd like, but they're certainly not bad, and the sweater body fits perfectly.

Really, I can't thank you all enough for all your notes. I feel like I got to avoid a lot of the problems some of you experienced, thanks to your chronicling of the problems you had! I added a lot of waist and hip shaping that I wouldn't have considered otherwise. I've worn it to work several times and it just successfully had its first washing and drying experience.

Hooray for overdue Green Gables!

10 Comments:

Blogger Oblivia said...

It looks great. Congrats on your first sweater. :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

that looks great! congrats! i wish my first knitting clothing item had looked that good.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! So glad all of our trials and tribulations helped! I will conquer and make this again someday! :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love your sweater, Becky! Congratulations on your finish!

With any luck I'll be starting one of my own soon in some lovely red merino wool I've had for ages.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Great job!!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

It looks wonderful!

10:38 AM  
Blogger alex said...

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

8:55 PM  
Blogger SweetWICK said...

Nice work...I like your blog...I would love to dare to make a sweater!! Nice Job!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my b;log

8:59 AM  
Blogger Lincoln Madison said...

For most of the business people the most difficult part while taking an 800 number would be the actual selection of the number. So many Toll Free Numbers have been in use and only a few 800 numbers would be left available.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home