Monday, August 14, 2006

Brown Gable

Well it is finished and it is too big! Yes, I was warned to frog, but didn't. I am not upset, I knew it was possible to be too big or too small. It fits fine around the waist...but let me tell you the chest and shoulders...more info here!












So all you experienced GG knitters. What does a girl do from here to make it fit. This is the size 40...I am a size 46 bust.....36 or 38 GG....which one...help I do want one that fits...Advice?? Dancing off to the frog pond.... soon ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

bummer:(

do you want to take a chance and throw it in the dryer?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think that if you had removed the sleeves earlier, but kept with some sort of increases for the bust it would have worked. Hrm. That is so weird.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey Zonda
I washed and dried mine. Then I dried it some more. The sleeves still gape and it's just too wide. I can't bring myself to frog it so I'm going to send it to my mom and make another. Perhaps this time in TLC Cotton Plus?

My bust at the fullest point is a 40, and I made a 36. I usually go a little smaller since my bust is large in proportion to the rest of me. Not sure if I should go down to the 34? Guess I wasn't much help...LOL!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah, what Shannon said. The thing about raglans is, the even increasing in the arms and chest areas assumes because your chest gets bigger that your arms will get proportionally bigger (I don't think this is in fact so) and that you will get taller. Measure your upper arm, by your gauge figure out how many stitches it would take to go around your upper arm plus about 2 inches, and put the sleeves on the waste yarn from that point. Then continue with bust increasing if you need to.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home