Saturday, July 22, 2006

Stockinette all the time

Okay, I enjoyed the lacey inset. I didn't mind the st st intially because there were decreases, at least it keeps it interesting. But I'm really getting tired of the long stretch of stst before the hem. Anyone else have stst overload? I keep measuring (maybe that's my mistake?) and it just doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I'd put it aside, but I need the needle for another project, so I really want to finish this today. I should have 21 rows before I do the hem. But then again, that's what I thought an hour ago.

Maybe I do need to knit something else for a while? I was excited about this sweater (and still am, it's a CUTE pattern!) but I think I'm getting burned out.

Sorry to complain, normally this doesn't bother me. More caffeine might help. Hope there's still some coffee left in the pot!

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Don't feel bad, I'll have to switch with another project as it will put me to sleep. So I'll do a few rows or more then switch!
Good luck! :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

It does get boring and progress seems slower because there are more stitches than if you were knitting the pieces flat. I increased a little bit as it got towards my hips and that kept it a little more interesting.

10:40 AM  
Blogger pieheart said...

Thanks zonda and connie! It makes me feel better that I'm not alone in feeling like this. I was almost feeling disloyal to the pattern in a weird kind of way.

I know, I'm strange! LOL

12:08 PM  
Blogger Chinoiseries said...

I totally agree.. I even started and finished one sock while having Gable OTN.. sometimes I just don't feel like knitting it anymore :( Increasing/decreasing makes it less boring :)

Have you ladies seen the new Zephystyle patterns? They're so cute XD!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Yes - sts gets old for me too as I am easily bored. It seemed to take me a long time to get to the bottom; I also kept measuring until I realized it was like "the watched pot that never boils" So I also knit on a lace scarf and socks while knitting GG. Variety is good!!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home