Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm stalled...


Here's my green(red) gable. I'm having motivation problems. I think I'm just so fearful that it won't fit that I don't want to work on it. I will though. I'm committed to at least getting to the try on stage. I've finished the lace and just have a little bit more to go. Is there a special technique for getting the armholes on the throw-away yarn? I've never done that before.

I am enjoying watching everyone's progress. I did this with a different yarn than the one recommended, so I altered the pattern for my gauge, but I also chose to make a larger size due to the early comments. I did the long-tail cast on before we got clarification on the cast on but hope it will work, since I know to make sure to get to the armpits before casting off the arms. Keeping my fingers crossed...

4 Comments:

Blogger kaycee said...

To get the stitches on waste yarn, just thread a tapestry needle with a contrasting yarn and slip the stitches onto the waste yarn. I usually tie the ends of the waste yarn into a loose knot after all of the stitches are on so they won't slip off.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Lisa, I also used a different yarn than called for. This is my first top-down, in-the-round project. I didn't even know how to do a circular gauge swatch, so didn't. I'm just trusting that I've chosen the right size to make and that it will work out. I just finished the lace section. So far, it looks like it will fit, but I can't really try it on yet.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Keep on going!! I too am worried about size, but I am at least going to get it past the sleeves to try it on...I don't relish if I have to frog too! You are not alone :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks to Kaycee for the tip on slipping the stitches. Thanks to Gwen and Zonda for the encouragement. I'll hang in there!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home