Monday, May 22, 2006

Finit!



Pattern: Green Gable by Zephyr Style

Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Wild Sage CW-360

Start: May 1, 2006

Finish: May 12, 2006

Modifications: I listened to some of the suggestions on the KAL and decided to incorporate some increases just before the arms were seperated. I completed 3 more increase rounds for a total of 6 additional rows overall. Looking back on it, I think I could have done without these. Because I felt like I'd be swimming in the finished product, I also added some waist shaping. (I didn't have anyone to help out with the photo shoot. It's impossible to get a shot of your side by yourself!) Just after the short rows (3 sets to accomodate the bust), I began to decrease 1 st each side every sixth row. I think I did this three times. Then, I decreased 2sts each side once I was 5" from the separation of the arms. I knit for two inches straight and increased 2 sts each side every six rows five times. This added a nice amount of shaping. I tried it on pre-blocking and the fit was perfect. I blocked it and it was HUGE! So, once it was mostly dry, I tossed it in the dryer for about 20 minutes and that did the trick! I'm happy with the outcome. I think if I make it again, which I probably will because it was such a quick knit, I'll omit the 3 increase rounds I added before the separation of the arms.

Pattern Rating: 9.5 - Just because I feel there wasn't enough waist shaping, but that's totally a personal preference.

Yarn Rating: 10 - I love this stuff!!! And I haven't had many good experiences with cotton in the past.

Would I knit this again?: Most definitely!
Keyhole detail

Just after completion (before sewing in the ends)

Duplicate post on my blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger gleek said...

looks lovely kim! i'm also doing short rows to accomodate my bust. did you follow a certain method for yours?

5:35 PM  
Blogger kim said...

I actually did. I used the Japanese short row technique. I posted the link in a previous post. I can't remember exactly what it is but I referenced the blog NonaKnits. I'm sure if you google it, you should be able to find it. She acutally explains 3 methods of short row shaping with excellent visuals. You should check it out!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Looks great! Fab colour, and the keyhole detail is really cute!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Cindy M said...

WOW. That picture looks like it should be on the cover of a magazine! Just lovely on you and beautifully executed.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home