Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ready to Start


Ready... Get Set...
Here is my yarn for the Green Gable KAL. It will be more of a Russet Gable for me. I'm using Rowan All Season Cotton. I get 4.5 sts to the inch in stst on straight needles, so I reworked the pattern for my gauge. Based on the comments about size, I'm going with the XL even though I normally would knit the M. Being top down, hopefully I can make adjustments as I go. I love the look of this top and the finished pics give me hope. My last sweater knit in the round was too big. Only a bit, but a bit was too much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Good luck to all who are waiting to start.
Lisa

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That is such a pretty color!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger KellyHL said...

Love the color!

9:38 AM  
Blogger drdesigns said...

Love the color.

I'm contemplating frogging mine and doing the same thing as you. I started a medium size, but it's not as much of a boat neck as I would like. As there does not seem to be much difference between the M and XL, I'm thinking of starting the XL and adjust as I go down.

Can't wait to see the finished sweater!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks. I think I'm going to like the color. I hope the larger gauge isn't too thick for the pattern. I swatched a little lace and it looks okay...

4:04 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That is such a lovely colour!

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home