Monday, April 17, 2006

New Green Gabler

Hi all! I'm looking forward to this project. Still need to get the pattern and yarn. The pattern may give instructions, but for those who have started, how do you decide which size to make? I'm still sad that my last sweater knit in the round (and still unfinished) looks like it will be too big. I cannot bring myself to frog it, so will probably gift it instead.

I look forward to hearing everyone's progress and seeing all the pics. This will be my first KAL. Thanks to the hosts for setting it up!

Lisa
http://2bz2knit.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

You know, that's a damn good question.

I can never tell if the sizing means to use your actual bust or the final size of the sweater. As a result, the only two sweaters I've made for me didn't fit correctly even though I had spot on gauge. This pattern says "for bust size..." so I'm going with my actual bust measurement. Someone please stop me if I'm wrong!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I went w. bust size on my other recent knit and it's going to be too loose. I'm thinking of dropping down a size...but feeling very unsure.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Not sure if this isn't going to totally confuse you but...

I'm a size 32" and started doing that size but it was WAY too small. I'm now knitting the 36" and it's looking much better. Having said that, I'm not using CF, but SWTC Oasis - same gauge (and I'm getting the right gauge) but it may be the Oasis doesn't have as much "give" as the CF would have.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home